Strategic Directions 2021 – Strengthening Capacity to Serve Niagara’s Children and Youth
The Boys and Girls Club of Niagara (BGCN) aims to increase young people’s exposure to positive and constructive activities, and support them to become healthy, responsible, compassionate and competent young adults. The Club’s last strategic plan set ambitious goals for expansion, and the past 5 years saw the Club successfully open a new state-of-the-art facility in Niagara Falls and expand programming to additional Niagara communities. The 2016-2021 plan builds on those results. The Strategic Directives focus on strengthening the Club’s organizational capacity and sustainability to deliver better services to children, reach more youth, and expand its presence across Niagara.
- Strong Programs: We provide high quality, affordable programs that serve the needs of all young people – no one is left behind.
- Strong Presence: We are a visible and valued member of communities across the Niagara Region.
- Strong Club: We have the resources and capabilities needed to serve young people now and in the future.
- We respond to changes in the childcare environment
- We engage more youth
- We provide a portfolio of programs that balance quality, affordability, sustainability and responsiveness to local needs
- We work to serve children and youth from all backgrounds and abilities
- We expand our reach to address underserved areas through strategic partnerships for facilities and programming
- We enhance our ability to communicate the value we bring to children and youth in the communities we serve
- We successfully attract and cultivate funding and donor support in all of the communities we serve
- We strengthen internal capacity through increased focus on human resources and internal communication
- Responding to changes in childcare:
We currently deliver high-quality preschool childcare and before and after school programs. We will work to ensure that all of our current programs continue to meet or exceed applicable government requirements. We will actively pursue opportunities to expand our services to new and underserved communities.
- Expanding our visibility and presence:
We will work to expand our visibility and presence across Niagara Region. This means being better at communicating the services we provide and the value we deliver, and establish new partnerships to help us expand our facilities and programming.
- Serving more youth:
We provide opportunities for children and youth to “grow up in the Club”. We will increase our relevance and appeal to teens by developing new ways to engage with them and by tailoring our programming to reflect their needs and interests.
- Investing in staff and leadership
Dedicated and capable staff and leadership are at the heart of what we do. We review our human resources and communication practices to ensure that we are hiring, developing and retaining the people we need now and for the future.